The American University of Rome is a small, regionally accredited, internationally recognized liberal arts college, offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs of the highest quality to students from all over the world. It is a first choice university for degree students seeking an international learning experience through well-established programs and as a destination for study abroad students. The American University of Rome prepares students to live and work across cultures as skilled and knowledgeable citizens of an interconnected and rapidly changing world.
Taking the best of the American approach to interdisciplinary, student-centered learning, our international faculty and staff use Rome as our classroom and Italy and Europe as invaluable resources. AUR’s innovative programs promote intellectual excellence, personal growth and an appreciation of cultural diversity in an international environment.
Reporting directly to the President, the VP of Enrollment Management provides leadership for the development, implementation, and ongoing assessment of a comprehensive and strategic approach to enrollment. S/he is a collaborative, data-driven, and results-oriented professional who will integrate the University’s programs, practices, and policies to maximize enrollment growth and achieve the strategic goals of the institution. Under his/her guidance, an all-encompassing enrollment plan will be developed and implemented by focusing on and aligning the areas of recruitment, admissions, financial aid, marketing, student life and retention. The VP of Enrollment Management provides vision and direction to Admissions, Financial Aid, and Student Life, and works in close cooperation with the Director and the Dean of those offices, as well as with the Director of Communication and Marketing. S/he is a member of the Senior Advisory Council, and works together with senior officers to develop institutional objectives, strategies, and policies.
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• A master’s degree or higher.
• Ten to fifteen years of documented progressively responsible and successful experience in the administration, management, and supervision of recruitment, enrollment, and retention programs and strategies in higher education.
• Expertise of current best practices in enrollment management, marketing, admissions, financial aid, registration and student life.
• Knowledge of US and international higher education policies and practices of enrollment management.
• Evidence of strong data, analytical, and problem solving skills utilized to achieve enrollment goals; demonstrated ability to think strategically.
• Experience with current and emerging technology for marketing and recruitment (hardware and software solutions). Must be familiar with institutional student database systems, financial aid packaging, student service systems, and other software management in a higher education recruitment and retention context.
• Ability to demonstrate hands-on expertise in the development, management, understanding, and maintenance of complex statistical and data models used for the analysis of admissions/recruitment data and other forecasting tools.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment, and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, all based upon a strong foundation of ethical leadership.
• Leadership skills to support a diverse student population in a multicultural organization.
Only candidates with valid EU working papers will be considered.
Please send CV (quote re: VP of Enrollment Management HR 28/2019), cover letter, and contact information for three references to: email@example.com
The search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
Short listed candidates will be requested to submit materials in support of application.