Reporting to and working closely with the President’s Chief of Staff, the Director of Human Resources is a professional with comprehensive knowledge of all matters concerning HR, and with experience working in an international setting. S/he will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination, management and evaluation of all human resource functions for the organization.
The Director of HR must be able to manage staff while also possessing a strong strategic mindset, ensuring that all HR needs are being met and are aligned with AUR’s goals and objectives.
Required Knowledge, skills and abilities
• A relevant Master’s degree.
• English-Italian bilingual or fluent speakers and proficient writers in both languages.
• Five to ten years of documented, progressively responsible and successful experience in the administration, management, and supervision of HR.
• Payroll and benefits management experience.
• Experience with government/regulatory compliance, unemployment compensation and oversight, human resources law and regulatory provisions, workers compensation, payroll taxation;
• Knowledge of US and Italian and international higher education HR policies and practices.
• Solid understanding of benefits administration fundamentals and functions, including platform and contract negotiations
• Experience with current and emerging technologies.
• Evidence of strong data, analytical, and problem-solving skills utilized to achieve HR goals.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment, and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, all based upon a strong foundation of ethical leadership.
• European Union working papers are required.
including but not limited to: Payroll and HR Administration, HR Management, Hiring, Developing Standards, Fostering Teamwork, Promoting Process Improvement, Building Relationships, Organizational Astuteness, People Skills, Retaining Employees
• Manages payroll processes, payroll procedures and best practices to facilitate the appropriate payment and reporting of wages; including managing staff and providing day to day support;
• Identifies human resources issues, establishes human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives;
• Manages the full spectrum of human resources operations including recruiting, selecting, orienting, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; resolving problems; implementing change.
• In collaboration with the Director of Finance, develops human resources financial plans by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions.
• Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
• Assesses the HR operation annually, in accordance with Middle States Outcomes Assessment practices.
• Full time position, with initial 1-year contract
• Compensation competitive and based upon experience
• Position located in Rome, Italy, with possible periodic travel to the United States
• The search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will interview shortlisted candidates. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
How to Apply:
Please email a resume, cover letter (quote re: Director of HR 39/2018) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate where you learned about this professional opportunity.