From 15-18 June it will be possible to admire one of the Caravaggio paintings, one that has been much talked about but is rarely seen. The Conversion of Saul was commissioned in 1600 by Cardinal Tiberio Cerasi who wanted it to put into the church of S. Maria del Popolo, however once the painting was completed the cardinal refused the work and it was bought by Cardinal Sannesio for his palazzo. The picture eventually ended up in Genova in the collection of Francesco Maria Balbi until 1955 when it came back to the Palazzo Odescalchi. Once again the association of historic houses (Associazione Dimore Storiche Italiane) in collaboration with Telecom-Progetto Italia is putting this works on display at the Palazzo Obescalchi home of the picture

For further information see www.adsilazio.it

General Info

Address The Conversion of Saul, by Caravvaggio, Palazzo Odescalchi, Piazza SS Apostoli 80t The exhibition is free and is open from 10.00-19.00 from 15 -18 June.

View on Map

Caravvaggios Saul at Palazzo Odescalchi.

The Conversion of Saul, by Caravvaggio, Palazzo Odescalchi, Piazza SS Apostoli 80t The exhibition is free and is open from 10.00-19.00 from 15 -18 June.