The Palazzo delle Espozioni reopens to the public after five years of restoration work with three major exhibitions on 5 October. Retrospectives of abstract expressionist artist Mark Rothko and American film-maker Stanley Kubrick run alongside an exhibition of work by Italian sculptor Mario Ceroli on the three floors of the palazzo, which comprise 10,000 sqm of space.
The neoclassical building, constructed as an exhibition space in 1883 by Pio Piacentini, now has a 139-seat cinema, a 90-seat lecture hall equipped with multimedia technology, a book shop, a cafeteria and a 240-seat restaurant as well as a climate control system.
The Mark Rothko and Stanley Kubrick retrospectives run until 6 January 2007, and the Mario Ceroli exhibition can be seen until 2 December this year.
Palazzo delle Esposizioni, Via Nazionale 194, tel. 0639967500. 10.00-20.00. Thurs, Fri, Sat 10.00-22.00. Mon closed. Tickets cost