Our Mission is to promote and protect abroad the values, interests and economic well-being of Ireland and its people. The Embassy of Ireland to Italy has an immediate vacancy for an Administrative Assistant. This is a full-time position, subject to a probationary period of six months. Position Description The successful candidate will report directly to a member of diplomatic staff. This position will cover a range of duties, which may include the following:
• Providing administrative and logistical support to diplomatic staff as needed; • Assisting with the organisation of a wide range of embassy activities, meetings and events;
• Contact database updating and maintenance;
• Processing official documents such as visas and passports;
• Providing consular advice to Irish Citizens;
• Monitoring Italian press and other media sources and summarising in English on priority themes;
• Attending briefings or conferences and contributing to follow-up reports.
The successful candidate may be required to carry out other functions subject to the business needs of the Embassy. This role provides an excellent opportunity to expand skills and take on responsibilities across a range of areas in a busy Embassy. Candidate Profile The ideal candidate must be trustworthy and have:
• A high level in both English and Italian;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• An extensive knowledge of current Italian politics and international relations and preferably some knowledge of Irish affairs;
• An ability to work on own initiative, to think creatively, and to operate independently when required;
• Ideally, relevant experience working at a professional level;
• A third level qualification in a field related to politics, economics, history or international relations would be an advantage.
• The legal right to work in Italy. All locally hired staff are required to have a legal entitlement to live and work in the country prior to hiring.
Interested candidates should forward the application form, a CV and a short cover letter, including the contact details of two referees, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Administrative Assistant).
If absolutely necessary, parties may alternatively deliver their applications by hand to Embassy of Ireland, Via Giacomo Medici 1, 00153, Roma.
The closing date and time for receipt of applications is Thursday 25 April 2019 – 17:00 (CET). By submitting information electronically or in any other form, parties accept that data may not be fully secure
A shortlist of candidates will be invited to attend for interview where the experience in the above mentioned skills and overall suitability for the post will be assessed. Terms and Conditions can be further discussed by shortlisted candidates during the interview.
Not all applicants will be invited to interview. If, following the interview stage of this process, no suitable candidate has been found, the Embassy reserves the right to reopen the application process. Data Protection All personal information received will be kept in line with GDPR and Data Protection guidelines Security Clearance for Local Staff Police vetting will be sought in respect of individuals who come under consideration for appointment.
Enquiries may also be made with the police force of any country in which the applicant under consideration for appointment resided. If unsuccessful this information will be destroyed. If the applicant subsequently comes under consideration for another position they will be required to supply this information again. Please note that canvassing will disqualify applicants. The Embassy of Ireland to Italy is an equal opportunities employer.