Administrative Assistant to the President’s Office (maternity leave cover)
THE AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ROME is looking for an Administrative Assistant for a temporary position, to provide a wide range of services in support of the President’s Office, as directed by the President’s Chief of Staff and by the Director of Communication and Marketing.
- Coordinating and scheduling operational meetings
- Creating and distributing meeting agendas and minutes
- Assisting in the organization of events promoted by the President’s Office
- Assisting in the organization of visits by Board members and other guests
- Preparing briefing materials and presentations
- Assisting with general administrative duties
- Updating the AUR website
- Creating photo content for the AUR website
- Preparing and sending out online events newsletters and managing online contact lists
- Assisting with coordination between Marketing department and advertising agents
- University education
- Bilingual (English /Italian) or English mother tongue with very good spoken and written Italian
- Excellent writing skills
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Publisher/Adobe)
- Experience of photography with some knowledge of studio lighting
- Knowledge of digital photo editing programs such as Photoshop
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Experience of copy editing
- Flexibility and strong cross-cultural interpersonal skills
- Some marketing and graphic design experience would be considered a plus
Italian work papers and immediate availability are both essential. Term employment contract (maternity leave cover).
- Presentation letter (quote re: Admin Assist. HR 15/2017), resume and at least 1 reference contact are to be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: September 30, 2017
Interviews will begin the first week of October.
AUR is an equal opportunity employer.