Restoration of museum for the decorative arts, costume and fashion
Rome's Museo Boncompagni Ludovisi per le Arti Decorative, il Costume e la Moda del XIX e XX secolo will reopen on 14 April following extensive renovations.
Central to the restoration are the new climatically-controlled rooms on the second floor, which until now had not been part accessible to visitors.
The works were overseen by the museum's director, art historian Mariastella Margozzi, and Massimo Licoccia, the architect at the Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna (GNAM).
Constructed in 1901, the building was designed by architect Giovanni Battista Giovenale and was donated by the Boncompagni family to the state in 1972.
Following a previous restoration in the 1980s the building opened to the public in 1995 as the museum for the decorative arts, costume and fashion of the 19th and 20th centuries.
For opening times of the museum, located just off Via Veneto, see website.