When and how will Italy’s covid Green Pass and Super Green Pass rules change?
Italy tightens its Super Green Pass rules again from Monday 10 January, expanding the scope of the digital certificate which can only be obtained by those who are vaccinated or have recovered from covid-19.
Italy's Super Green Pass is a "reinforced" version of the "basic" Green Pass which proves the holder has been vaccinated, tested negative or recovered from covid-19.
The Super Green Pass cannot be obtained by a negative covid test result, meaning that it excludes people who are unvaccinated.
Neither version of the pass applies to children under the age of 12 or to people exempt from the vaccination campaign on health grounds.
Already required in cinemas, theatres and stadiums, the Super Green Pass will be expanded further from Monday 10 January after which it will be needed to access:
- public transport (local, regional and national), planes, trains, buses, trams and subways
- bars and restaurants (for both indoor and outdoor dining)
- ski lifts
- hotels and other accommodation facilities
- parties after civil and religious ceremonies
- conventions, conferences, fairs and festivals
- stadiums, swimming pools, gyms, wellness centres
- museums, galleries, libraries, archaeological sites and cultural venues
- theme parks
- cultural, social and recreational centres
- betting shops, bingo halls and casinos
They are required to wear FFP2 masks for 10 days after contact and must undertake a covid test, if they have symptoms, after five days.
For those who have been vaccinated or have recovered from the virus more than four months after coming into contact with a covid-positive person, the quarantine requirement has been reduced from seven to five days, followed by a negative test result.
The isolation time for those who are unvaccinated remains 10 days.
Latest Yellow Pages
EVENTS THIS WEEKview calendar
Rome areasall Rome areas
JCU N.U.in Italy Program Assistant Manager
JCU N.U.in Italy Program Coordinator
Group Leader & Camp Counselor Positions for Spring & Summer