Ahead of Mother’s Day on Sunday 10 May, Wanted in Rome offers ten suggestions of how to celebrate the occasion in and around Rome. Note that while Mother’s Day is celebrated in most countries around the world this Sunday, it has already been marked in the UK and Ireland on 15 March.
1. Take a stroll around the capital’s rose garden overlooking the Palatine hill.
2. Escape on a family day out to the nearby hilltop city of Orvieto.
3. Have a picnic in one of the city’s parks such as Villa Borghese.
4. The Matisse exhibition at the Scuderie is well worth a visit.
5. Check out the Chagall show after a stroll around the historic centre.
6. Have an aperitivo at the elegant Casa Bleve near Piazza Navona.
7. Take in the smash-hit musical Billy Elliot at Teatro Sistina.
8. Enjoy a taste of Spain at the Spanish Film Festival in Campo de’ Fiori.
9. Have dinner at Ristorante L'Archeologia on the Appian Way.
10. Or how about treating your mother to a day at the exclusive QC Terme just outside the city?