Wanted in Rome's guide to Mother's Day
Ahead of Mother's Day on Sunday 11 May, Wanted in Rome offers ten suggestions of how to celebrate the occasion in and around Rome. Note that while Mother's Day is celebrated in most countries around the world this Sunday, it has already been marked in the UK and Ireland on 30 March.
1. What better way to celebrate than heading off on a family day out to the nearby hilltop city of Orvieto.
2. Take a stroll around the capital's rose garden overlooking the Palatine hill.
3. Have a picnic in one of the city's parks such as Villa Pamphilj.
4. The Frida Kahlo exhibition at the Scuderie del Quirinale is well worth a visit.
5. Check out the World Press Photo show after a stroll around Trastevere.
6. Have an aperitivo at the elegant Casa Bleve near Piazza Navona.
7. Take in the smash-hit musical Jesus Christ Superstar at Teatro Sistina.
8. Enjoy a taste of Spain at the Spanish Film Festival in Campo de' Fiori.
9. Treat your mother to dinner at Ristorante Pierluigi.
10. Or how about a night at the opera?