A selection of valuable works from the Art Nouveau collection at the Museum of Applied Arts in Budapest. Curators have focused on the Art Nouveau period between the 1889 World Fair in Paris and the 1911 International Exhibition of Decorative Arts in Turin. The Budapest Museum has had one of the most significant collections of Art Nouveau since the beginning of the 20th century thanks to its director, Jeno Radisics.
His institution started purchasing first-class contemporary objects directly from the manufacturers at the international fairs and exhibitions and the museum became an important centre for Hungarian decorative arts. This exhibition includes glass made by Louis Comfort Tiffany and Emile Gallé as well as the ceramics of Alexandre Bigot, objects designed by the French Daum brothers and jewels and textiles by Hungarian artists like Jozsef Ronai Ripple, Otto Eckman and Zsolnay. 09.00-20.00. Mon closed. Musei Capitolini, Piazza del Campidoglio, tel. 060608, www.museicapitolini.org.