View Vacancy - Executive Assistant (ITA18.028)
All three positions are based in Rome with one part time contract and two full time contracts. The positions are respectively in the Private Office, Political team and EU/Prosperity team.
The successful candidates for the positions in Political and EU/Prosperity teams will give admin support to the teams, including organising visits, meetings and events, maintaining databases, profiling travel and entertainment budgets.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Political and EU/Prosperity Teams
- To organise Rome-based and regional visits and meetings by team members and provide support to the Visits Officer for high-level visits to Italy. To provide administrative support to team members, maintain databases and help monitor the Political inbox;
- To help organise seminars and events, including Pontignano, the major UK/Italy bilateral forum and assist on policy research. To assist on embassy-wide VIP visits and events on an ad-hoc basis;
- To assist with policy research and briefing;
- To manage the administrative requirements of the teams, including IT filing, managing team travel and entertainment budgets, managing databases, profiling and tracking spend.
Private office – Deputy of Mission
- To provide effective PA and administrative support to the DHM, including managing diary, making travel arrangements, finalising correspondence, handling or redirecting as appropriate incoming e-mail and telephone enquiries, and arranging internal meetings. To cover for the Executive Assistant to the Ambassador as required, to help cover for Chancery support staff leave and to assist Chancery teams with events etc as necessary;
- To assist the DHM in his role as Post Security Officer, including coordinating paperwork for local security clearances, arranging, attending and recording the meetings of the Post Security Committee. To assist the DHM and Consul in keeping crisis and business continuity plans and documents up to date, and helping to arrange exercises and Crisis Committee meetings;
- To assist other Chancery colleagues on IT issues, including leading on management of Rome Embassy contacts database and carrying out monthly database back-up, as IT super-user, in collaboration with ITSOs;
- To handle other miscellaneous tasks, including: putting together agenda of monthly all-staff meetings for the Ambassador and Consul General Milan and setting dates of meetings; keeping Embassy organogram on SharePoint updated; quarterly succession plan return; maintaining Gifts and Hospitality Register; coordinating translation of annual Staff Survey and return to London of paper questionnaires.
- Excellent oral and written skills in both English and Italian – C1 level or above under the CEFRL or equivalent;
- Excellent IT skills;
- Proven track record of team and project work;
- A good telephone manner;
- Excellent organizational skills, particularly attention to detail and the ability to forward plan;
- Pro-active, self-starter, organised, a good communicator with a ‘can do’ positive attitude;
- A strong team player with first class customer service and relationship skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and be self-motivated;
- A team player able to work with other members of the Embassy and the network;
- Resilience, ability to deal with setbacks and continue to deliver despite numerous challenges;
- Strong prioritisation skills and ability to handle multiple requests simultaneously.
- Experience of working in an embassy or international organisation; some Italian media/political knowledge;
- Familiarity with the FCO structure and experience of dealing with senior people would be an advantage.
There is one part-time position (17.5 hours per week) and two full-time (35 hours per week) positions with temporary contracts, graded at A2 according to the FCO grading structure. The monthly gross salary is €2,188 (pro rata for the part-time contract).
Unless you declare your interest for a specific position amongst the three ones available, you will be considered for any of the advertised positions.
The salary is paid monthly 14 times per year including € 10.33 EDR paid 13 times per year, with double salary payments in June and December. If working less than a full calendar year, the additional salary payments will be pro-rata.
The appointment is subject to security clearance and the successful completion of a four month probationary period.
All staff employed by the British Embassy are subject to Italian income tax rate deductions (IRPEF). However the administration of these tax payments will vary depending on nationality.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Italian State Social Security Scheme. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Rome are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Italian employment law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Italy. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that you should allow yourself sufficient time to fill in your application in order to be possible to submit.