"Located in the middle of Trastevere, this garden was originally established in 1883 when the Corsini family donated their garden to the Italian Government. Now run by the University of Rome "La Sapienza," it hosts over 3500 species of plants and includes a "Scent-and-Touch" garden that was recently incorporated for those who are visually impaired. The gardens have changed little in the last 250 years. Many of the architectural elements date from the time of King James III. The Fountain of the Tritons was built around 1750 by Ferdinando Fuga. The Monumental Staircase, also by Fuga, dates from 1732."
Address Largo Cristina di Svezia, 24
Phone number 0649917106
1 of 4
View on Map
Rome's Botanical Gardens, Orto Botanico
Largo Cristina di Svezia, 24