The American University of Rome is looking for a Director of Development based in Rome, to oversee the implementation of a strategic fundraising plan which will include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources. The Director of Development will foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization and build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the university.
- Collaborate with the Board of Trustees and President to continue implementation of a development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that fundraising goals are being achieved
- Monitor trends in the target community or region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
- Prepare and submit grant applications to generate funds for the organization
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities
- Oversee the administration of the donor mailing and database
- Promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
- Work with the existing Alumni Relations staff member to nurture and extend the university alumni base
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Experience in fundraising management and special events planning; knowledge of US federal and provincial legislation affecting charities. Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated.
Qualifications and experience
- BA/BS (required), MA (a plus)
- Five-plus years’ experience in development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
Italian working papers and immediate availability are essential. Term employment contract. Full time position.
- Presentation letter (quote re: Director of Development 11/2017), resume and at least 2 reference contacts are to be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com
- Deadline for applications: June 15, 2017
AUR is an equal opportunity employer.